Book Blog Newbie Tag

Hey friends!

 

Some of you knew this was coming because I've just been posting about wanting to do this everywhere, but I've started a book blog! Over the past year, I've become more involved in the bookish community and I want more ways to continue to spread my love of books. I'm big on following Bookstagrams and BookTubes, so I want to contribute there too, but since I'm pretty big on writing reviews, I decided a blog was a great first step.

 

To kick things off on here, I'm going to answer questions in the Book Blog Newbie tag. I found it on The Book Mermaid and it seems to be originally adapted from the BookTube newbies tag by Love and Other Bookish Things, although that blog seems to have been taken down.

 

1 – Why did you start this blog?

I wanted more ways to connect with the Bookish community!

2- What are some fun and unique things you can bring to book blogging?

I actually work in tech so I'm interested to bring a STEM perspective to book blogging. In addition, I have a theatre design background, so I'm excited to channel that creativity in a new way!

3 – What are you most excited for about this new blog?

New friends!!

4 – Why do you love reading?

I love being able to get lost in a book. I can always count on books to take my focus and immerse me. In addition, I love how I can entertain myself while also learning something new.

5 – What book or series got you into reading? 

The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. I have read all of them, including the adult update. I know it's not very highbrow but it's just so hard not to fall in love with them.

6 – What questions would you ask your favorite authors?

Not authors, but I'd like to talk to publishers about why books are getting so expensive.

7 – What challenges do you think starting a blog will be the hardest to overcome?

I decided to make this blog right before starting my first full time job, so that will be an adjustment. I also don't have a great computer right now to post from, but hopefully I'll be able to fix that soon.

8 – When did you start reading?

Oh my goodness, really early, like I was an avid reader before I was even in preschool.

9 – Where do you read?

I love reading in bed, but I also love reading on public transportation, there's just something so cool about looking up and realizing you've reached your destination while you were sucked into your book.

10 – What kind of books do you like to read?

Everything! Well, mostly. I love YA and SFF, but I've been known to read everything from comics to serious non-fiction.

 

That's all from the tag. I don't really have anyone I know who I would tag right now, but feel free to answer these same questions if you start a blog. I want to post regularly, so be on the lookout for more posts coming up soon!

 

Kyra

 


Comments

Popular Posts